The second half of the year is now upon us and nearly all the book bloggers and BookTubers I know have done the Mid Year Freak Out Tag. I debated doing this too, but it wasn’t really working for me this time round.
Rather than answer all those questions, I wanted to break my reading down into statistics like I would do in my reading journal (if I’d kept it up this year, which I haven’t – oops).
It’s a mathematical way to look at it (so not me at all) but sometimes I find these statistics interesting, and it’s often a clearer way of understanding what I read.
Anyway, I don’t think we need anymore rambling so let’s just get into it.
Goodreads Reading Challenge –
32 out of 50 books read so far.
I’m 64% through the challenge and I’m 6 books ahead of schedule.
Number of pages read –
Average number of pages per book –
Genre percentage breakdown:
Only from 3 to 5 stars as I don’t tend to rate anything less than 3 stars. If I have a rating lower than that in mind whilst reading a book, I DNF it.
Book format breakdown:
Average book format:
Books I’ve DNFed
There’s no reason apart from not really liking them that much.
– Following Ophelia by Sophia Bennett (a YALC book from last year)
– Viper by Bex Hogan
– Runelight by Joanne M.Harris (the sequel to Runemarks)
Books I’ve put aside for now:
Reason being I wasn’t in the mood for them when I initially picked them up.
– The Beast’s Heart by Leife Shallcross
– The Wicked Deep by Shea Earnshaw
– The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
Books I’ve re-read:
I’ve actually re-read 7 books this year:
– The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
– Hunted by Meagan Spooner
– The Apprentice, The Sinner, The Mephisto Club and Last to Die by Tess Gerritsen
– Night’s Child by Maureen Jennings.
New favourite books so far this year:
– The Familiars by Stacey Halls (review)
– The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
– The Starlight Watchmaker by Lauren James (review on its way because this was such a wonderful story and I need to scream about it)
And there we have it. All my stats and reading information for the first half of the year! I definitely want to see if I can read more and balance some of my percentages out before the end of the year but that depends on where the land lies I suppose.
What are some of your reading stats for the first half of the year?
As always thanks for reading and have a brazzle dazzle day!