I never quite know where to start with blogging update posts so if I start rambling, forgive me. I’m not exactly in the best of places right now due to family illness and responsibility and it is starting to affect my reading, my writing, and everything that comes in-between.
You might have already noticed that the frequency in published posts has dipped a little and I think it might continue to stay that way for the time being. The way I usually like it is to post three times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) but I might knock that down to twice a week and switch the days so I’m not stressing myself out too much. Maybe give me your thoughts down in the comments?
Anyway, alongside the updates I wanted to share a TBR which is also not a TBR at the same time. I’m not entirely sure if that makes sense or not so maybe I ought to rename it to something like “hopeful” reads – meaning that I will hopefully pick them up between now and early July at the latest.
All of these books hopefully contain a ton of magic and dazzling brilliance, so much so I won’t want to stop reading and experience reality for a second or two.
Not including The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern which I was currently reading at the time of taking that photo, I have:
- The Beast’s Player by Nahoko Uehashi
- Hero at the Fall by Alwyn Hamilton
- A Curse so Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor
- The Girl in the Tower and Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden
- Sherwood by Meagan Spooner
I also have a small but chunky set of library books to read as well:
- Death’s Mistress by Terry Goodkind – which sounds nothing short of amazing!
- The Diviners and Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray (I would have picked up book three as well but that was unavailable).
I was knee deep in a crime/forensic science mystery mood but with everything going on, all I want now is fantasy, magic, fairytales, and pure escapism. Hopefully I’ll get all of that!
What are some of your upcoming reads?
As always, thank you for reading and have a brazzle dazzle day!