It is time for the second tag of the month and this time, I was nominated by the lovely Michaela at Journey into Books for the Unique Blogger Award. I know I’ll say this for nearly every award, but I’m always pleasantly surprised whenever I get a nomination and it is nice to see so much positivity and support for everyone in the blogging community.
- Display the award (I made my own logo so you are free to use that if you want)
- Thank the person who nominated you, post a link to their blog
- Answer the questions they’ve written for you
- Nominate 8-13 bloggers and give them three questions in the spirit of sharing love and solidarity within our blogging family! (highly unlikely knowing me!)
What is your favourite thing to do in the summer?
I really like exploring some of the local National Trust properties, especially the gardens and the general grounds. They’re always really nice during the summer months and I love looking at the different flowers and plants they have on show.
Dunham Massey near Altrincham has always been one of my favourites!
What book has been your biggest disappointment so far this year?
I was rather peeved with Witchborn by Nicholas Bowling. I went into it thinking I was going to love it because it was based on witches and set during the Tudor reign, but the main character couldn’t stand still for five minutes and I couldn’t really connect with it. I ended up DNFing it around the 50-100 page mark.
What book are you planning to read next?
Well, it will be something from my YALC tbr. Maybe one of these three…
So, I won’t be nominating so many people but I will choose…
- What do you like the most about this time of year?
- For you, what books capture the essence of summer?
- If you could make your own flavour of ice cream (with toppings), what would it be?
That’s it from me so thanks for reading and have a brazzle dazzle day!