Today’s unexpected post – the second in a week – comes in the form of the Mystery Blogger Award, and I was really surprised and thrilled to be nominated by Erin from A Readhead’s Rambling. I love reading her blog when I get a chance so it was a great and lovely gesture. I know it was a while ago when I received the nomination (sorry!), but I got sidetracked with other posts and completely forgot that I left this in my drafts folder.
This particular tag was made by Okoto at Okoto Enigma’s Blog, so let’s get round to it.
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
- Put the logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and link their blog.
- Tell your reader 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10-20 people.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question.
Three Things About Me
1. A couple of months ago I started teaching myself how to crochet. I’m finding some of the stitches a little fiddly but I can’t wait to fully get the hang of it so I can start making some book and Disney related items!
2. I’m thinking about applying to do a Psychology degree with the Open University. I’ve been struggling to find a job since I ditched a teaching career 2 years ago, and it has taken me a while to realise that psychology or counselling is something I want to pursue instead. I’ve also watched my sister go through hell for 11 months waiting for a counsellor and BSL interpreter who would eventually help her, so I want to be that someone who can offer that kind of support to both Hearing and Deaf communities. I also need the flexibility that the Open University can provide as it means I can still search for a job and help out my family at the same time. I’ll just push aside the fact I am still nowhere near being able to pay off my initial student debt, which just keeps on rising with interest.
3. I’m really picky about what jewellery I wear, particularly necklaces and earrings. I hate anything that is clunky and brightly coloured and it bugs me to no end that my extended family never takes this into account when giving me jewellery as a present. I also cannot wear anything that isn’t made of proper silver or gold because it will irritate my skin.
1 . What would you put on your plate to make the perfect Christmas dinner?
First off, you can’t forget the turkey. I’d then add some stuffing, roast potatoes, pigs in blankets and seasonal veg. Oh, and some cranberry sauce.
2. What is your favourite book you’ve read this year so far?
I have quite a few favourite books that I’ve read this year. In fact, there are 12 that feature in a post I’ve already scheduled on this particular topic. However, I will give one spoiler in the form of The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon.
3. If you could pick one existing Disney princess sidekick, who would be your companion?
I don’t think he’s a sidekick per se but Philippe from Beauty and the Beast would be perfect.
4. If you could visit one fictional place where would you go?
Neverland! But Disney’s original Neverland that now includes Pixie Hollow as part of its expanding universe. There is no way I would want to visit the Neverland created for Once Upon A Time.
5. What would you rather be, a vampire or werewolf?
Well, if you asked me this question during my Twilight phase then I would probably say vampire, but now, I have no clue whatsoever. I know it’s not an option for this question but I’d rather stick to being human!
Nomination time. I know in the rules it said between 10-20 people but I won’t be able to do that many. Like Erin, I’ll stick to 5! Even if I haven’t tagged you, you are all still wonderful!
Mandy at Book Princess Reviews
Emma at The Terror of Knowing
Ash and Lo at Windowsill Books
Michaela at Journey Into Books
1. What is one of your favourite Christmas traditions?
2. What are some of your anticipated reads of 2018?
3. If you were an animagus, what animal form would you take?
4. If you could be a historian from The Chronicles of St Mary’s series (a fabulous series about time-travelling historians – seriously you should all check it out), what historical event would you love to witness and experience?
5. Do you have any blogging goals for 2018?
And that is that.
Thanks for reading and have a brazzle dazzle day!