Hello. Happy Monday everyone!
Huh, that’s not something I usually say but it is the start of a new week and due to a lot of personal things going on at the moment, I am determined to be positive about it!
Anyway, I have been nominated again for another blogging award and this time it is the Liebster Award by Mandy over at Book Princess Reviews! We share a lot of the same interests in books especially fairy tale retellings and mystery, and far more importantly, the want to emulate Disney princesses!
I’d hopefully be Belle everyday of the week! If not, probably Cinderella or Tiana!
Anyway, if you haven’t already done so, go click on the link above and check out Mandy’s blog!
- Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer.
1. If you had to sort your own personal library, how would you do it – colour, author, another way?
I would sort it by genre and then author like I attempt to do with my bookshelves. It doesn’t always work out but then at least all the book series would be in order!
2. How important is a cover on a book for you?
It is not majorly important but I do love pretty covers!
3. What made you choose blogging – not YouTube or etc but blogging?
I used to blog when I was at university, mostly using it as a kind of diary when I was on my Year Abroad in France, but I decided that I wanted to use the platform to share my love of books and Disney. In terms of books, I did originally do videos on YT but I realised it wasn’t really my style and I am more comfortable writing my opinions rather than speaking.
4. What Princess (or Disney character) can you relate the most with? If you don’t watch much Disney, what fictional character period can you?
BELLE!!! Even when I first watched Beauty and the Beast at the age of 3, I knew that Belle was my Disney character and princess!
5. If you could only have one song as mood music to reading, what would you choose?
I’d have to choose a film score over a song and I would probably go for the new Beauty and the Beast score, or the Enchanted score both by Alan Menken. I love both and I find it a lot easier to listen to them whilst reading, rather than a song with lyrics.
6. If you had to have your favourite meal – sans arugula of course (I just had to look up what that is) – what would it be?
Duck Cassoulet or Moules Frites. I adore French cuisine and I could eat these a lot and never get fed up of them!
7. Do you have a favourite time of year? If so, when is it and why?
Spring because I love being able to walk around my village and see the countryside come alive again. However, I do also hate it at the same time because it means the beginning of the hayfever season and I could really do without that.
8. What was your last binge watch/read?
I’ve been binge watching BBC’s Call the Midwife for the last few weeks. I’m a little addicted at the moment.
9. What was your favourite story (folktale or fairytale maybe?) as a kid?
Oh gosh. I loved a lot of stories as a kid but I think I would have to go with Beauty and the Beast. The messages always spoke to me and it helped me a lot when I was growing up.
10. Do you discuss books with anyone in real life?
Yes. Quite a few of my friends like books too and we often have the same interests. My uncle is a reader too so I often discuss books with him as well.
11. If you could meet your favourite author, who would it be and what one question would you ask them?
I don’t really know. I’m still peeved at not being able to see Laini Taylor though when she does her UK book tour for Strange the Dreamer – she’s in Manchester on my birthday and I’m celebrating that in London with my sister. To make it worse, I miss the London meet by three days and one of my friends is going to be there *boo hoo*.
Again, thanks to Mandy for the questions! They were really fun!
- Do you ever donate or sell books you no longer read/want to read?
- Do you have any signed books?
- What are your most anticipated releases?
- Are there any books or series that you don’t read anymore?
- Which do you prefer? Book to film adaptations, or book to tv adaptations?
- If you could rewrite one book, which would it be?
- Which fictional world could you see yourself living in?
- Which characters would you want as family?
- If you could pick one narrator for the audiobook of your favourite books, who would it be?
- Are you a frequent visitor of your local library?
- What other interests do you have besides reading?
I’m not going to tag 11 people but those I do tag are:
Thanks for reading and have a good day!