Welcome back to another tag post.
I wasn’t tagged at all but I found this tag over at icebreaker694 and thought it looked quite fun.
- Thank the blog who tagged you and link back to them
- Your first book is the last book of the person who tagged you
- You have to follow the list of books that the person who tagged you gave you, and then you’re going to do something like “book 1 vs book 2”
- As soon as you have a winner, you choose seven more books and blogs to answer to this tag
I think I get it. The winner of the tag on Icebreaker694 was Empire of Storms so I compare that to their choices, which were:
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- PS I Like You by Kasie West
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
With that out of the way, let’s get started!
Empire of Storms vs A Court of Mist and Fury
I had a hard time getting into A Court of Mist and Fury although I did eventually really like it. Empire of Storms on the other hand was no bother and the only Sarah J Maas book that hasn’t taken over a week to read. It also dealt with a lot of the problems I had with Queen of Shadows so, yay!
Empire of Storms vs Lady Midnight
As much as I love both books, there will always be something extra to the Shadowhunter world that makes me come back to it time and time again. I adore it and what got me giddy about Lady Midnight were the appearances of Tessa and Jem, and the added short story at the end.
Lady Midnight vs The Coldest Girl in Coldtown.
I’ve not read the latter book even though I’ve heard promising things about Holly Black.
Lady Midnight vs An Ember in the Ashes.
Although I have an Ember in the Ashes on my tbr, and have heard really good things about it, I’ve not read it yet.
Lady Midnight vs Gemina
Two books I absolutely adore but I think Gemina wins because that book was truly incredible. It did a huge feat by vastly improving on Illuminae and becoming one of my favourite books this year.
Gemina vs PS I Like You
It’s very rare that I like a YA Contemporary book (for the reason that it always seems to be about romance and I’m getting fed up of it). Just from the title and cover I know that I’d never read PS I Like You so Gemina stays.
Gemina vs The Unexpected Everything
As I said above, YA Contemporary and I aren’t very good friends, and although I’d heard good things about this book it didn’t seem like one I would read. For some daft reason I did buy a copy but when I realised it would be sat on my shelf for ages, I ended up donating it.
So the winner of this and that is….
The books I have chosen are:
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgernstern
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Lia over at Lost in a Story
Hannah at Book Thief Without Words
Kirsty over at Kirsty and the Cat Reads
Sammi over at One Bookish Girl
Also anyone else who wants to participate!